Google released the Android 1.5 SDK today. They also pushed their internal Cupcake branch upstream to the main Android project! I sync’d up my repository and started the build. I ran into an issue with lib0mxCore.so not being found, so I patched the build process to pull it off the device. I’m not sure if that is the right solution; but it builds and runs!
The immediate differences I noticed: the UI scheme has changed significantly. It looks considerably better than before. The soft keyboard seems to be out of the prototype stages and is fairly usable as well.
To flash to a phone using my scripts on a Windows system, extract both zip files into the same directory and simply run while your phone is in fastboot mode :
To run the emulator, you must have the Android SDK:
The directions are similar for Mac/Linux (flash-mac.sh, flash-linux.sh)
 To start up in fastboot mode, you must have a rooted/dev phone and the engineering bootloader. Turn your phone off, hold camera, and press power. Then connect your phone to you computer and press the Back button.